Sunday, March 25, 2012

FOG

Steals destinations
Determinations
And drive

Weighty and thick
Descends before perceived
And stays until noticed

When your mind, eyes, and body
Won’t focus
Idle like a car at a stop sign
Coughing out exhaust fumes
A type of smog, fog

I sometimes feel like a fog has descended upon me, or that I'm in a fog and can't escape it. In the General Young Women's Meeting Sister Elaine S. Dalton talked about a fog that descended on a female swimmer while she was swimming a long distance from a shoreline to an island. She was a wonderful swimmer and she had been swimming for quite a while when the fog set in. Her mother was in a boat beside her cheering her on, telling her to keep going but she still got discouraged and soon gave up just to realize that she was within one mile of her destination. When asked why she had stopped she said it wasn't because she was tired or anything like that but because she had been licked by the fog. She then went and tried it again and did make it all the way but I wonder if sometimes I do the same thing she did. If I give up when a "fog" sets in. I think about how sad that is that we let satan discourage us. Because he does try to discourage us! All the stinkin time! We just have to choose to keep swimming in spite of the fog of doubt or discouragement and turn to Christ to light our way through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment