Wednesday, November 16, 2011


The Girl in the MirrorI look in the mirror and what do I see? me? no I don't see me...,
I see someone strong and happy inside, pretty and clever, funny and kind,
The person with two very dark vivid eyes seems to scream of what can could
or may from deep down inside,
Photogenic and celestial that girl in that mirror,
With long luscious eye lashes and scarlet rose lips,
She can do anything and succeed, flourish, thrive.
She is my best self, my worst self,
my friend but my foe.
I talk with her.
Laugh at her.
Sing to her.
BUT
The girl in the mirror can vanish like that!
With no explanation, no reason, no why,
She turns on me quicker than a baby could cry!
She nasty, disgusting, and ugly and loud,
With puffy dark circles under murky vague eyes.
Thin pale lips with nothing to say are turned down at the corners,
They quiver and shake.
Weak, frail, dejected
The girl in the mirror.
"NO! No! no!" that girl now demands, "
I want to be happy! I want to be happy! I cannot give up..."
The girl in the mirror soon disappears...
Some days she can still be glimpsed in the mirror,
But she will *NEVER* fully return.

Mind over matter. ;) Keep fighting those battles!
They are worth winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment